|LANCOM Systems Support KnowledgeBase - Support Information|
Document No: 1310.0909.3012.RHOO
As of LCOS version 8.82, it is possible to login to the LANCOM Public Spot simply by confirming the general terms & conditions. To facilitate this, the general terms & conditions must be a part of the Welcome page.
In this simplified login procedure, a user is created automatically in the user list under Configuration -> RADIUS Server -> General -> User table.
1) In LANconfig, right-click on the LANCOM router or access point and select the menu item Configuration management -> Upload a certificate or file...
2) Set the File type to All files and set the Certificate type to Public Spot - Welcome Page.
3) Select the path to your HTML template with the general terms & conditions, and then click Open.
This example uses a template file. Information on creating your own Public Spot templates is available in the following Knowledgebase article .
4) The successful upload of the HTML file is displayed as a message in the LANconfig log window.
5) Open the configuration for the LANCOM router or access point and switch to the menu item Configuration -> Public Spot -> Authentication.
6) Select the No authentication needed option. In the section Login via agreement you can optionally make additional adjustments.
7) Navigate to the menu Configuration -> Public Spot -> Server -> Settings... -> Page table -> Welcome....
8) For the Page address (URL) enter the value file://pbspot_template_welcome.
9) Close the configuration with OK and write the changes back to the LANCOM router or access point.
1) Connect a WLAN client to the LANCOM Public Spot.
2) On the WLAN client, start a Web browser and enter any URL (e.g. http://www.lancom.eu).
3) The page with the general terms & conditions is displayed. Scroll down to the bottom of the Web page and click Accept & login.
4) A message is displayed to indicate that the login was successful. You can now use the Internet for the specified time period.