This document describes the configuration required on a LANCOM managed switch of the GS-23xx series in order to configure a voice VLAN and automatically assign it to an IP telephone by means of OUI address.
An OUI address consists of the first 24 bits of a MAC address. This is the manufacturer ID assigned by the IEEE. For LANCOM devices the OUI 00 is 00:A0:57.
- In this example, the voice VLAN has the ID 200.
- The IP telephone should be assigned this VLAN ID automatically as soon as it is connected to the designated switch port.angeschlossen wird.
1) Connect the IP telephone to the switch. For this example we use switch port 4.
2) In the menu VLAN -> VLAN membership, the port 4 has to be assigned the VLAN ID 200
3) In the VLAN port configuration, port 4 needs to be set with the PVID 200.
4) Navigate to the menu QoS -> Port Shaping and set port 4 to a bandwidth of 500 Mbps.
5) Switch to the menu Voice LAN -> Configuration.
- Enable the Voice LAN feature and set the VLAN ID to 200.
- Set the Port Mode of switch port 4 to Auto.
- Enable the Security function and set the Discovery Protocol to OUI.
6) In the menu Voice LAN -> OUI you enter the OUI address of the VoIP telephone.
7) This concludes the configuration. Save the configuration changes to the switch.
8) Enter the VLAN ID (here the 200) in the configuration of your telephone.