In some scenarios, it may be desirable for users of the LANCOM Public Spot to be shown a specific website after successfully logging in.
This could be the Internet homepage of a hotel, shop, or any other specified website.
This document describes how to configure the Public Spot to open a specific website after a successful login.
- LANCOM Public Spot templates (see )
1) Download the LANCOM Public Spot templates and unpack the ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
2) Open the template file start.htm with a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).
3) In the HTML block located at the end of the HTML document, the default value is marked in red (see the figure below).
4) This default value is replaced with the URL of the website to be invoked.
5) Save your changes in the file start.htm.
6) Upload the template file start.htm to the LANCOM router or access point. The procedure is described in the following Knowledge Base document .
7) Activate the template file start.htm in the configuration of the LANCOM router or access point.
Do this by navigating to the menu Public Spot -> Server -> Page table -> Start -> Page address (URL) and entering the parameter file://pbspot_template_start.
8) Write the configuration back to the LANCOM router or access point.