In some scenarios, it may be desirable for users of the LANCOM Public Spot to be shown a specific website after successfully logging in.
This could be the Internet homepage of a hotel, shop, or any other specified website.
This document describes how to configure the Public Spot to open a specific website after a successful login.
- LANCOM Public Spot templates (see )
As the function for the invocation to a specific website isn't supported by modern browsers anymore it has to be altered to a functioning one.
1) Download the LANCOM Public Spot templates and unpack the ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
2) Open the template file start.htm with a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).
3) You can find the forwarding function in the HTML block located at the end of the HTML document (function redir()).
4) Replace the function with the altered version.
document.location.href = "<pbelem origlink>";
In the attached file start.htm the necessary adjustments have already been made. Only the URL has to be changed.
5) The default value <pbelem origlink> has to be replaced with the URL of the website to be invoked, in this case www.lancom-systems.de.
The complete URL has to be entered. This means that http:// or https:// have to be used as a prefix.
6) Save your changes in the file start.htm.
7) Upload the template file start.htm to the LANCOM router or access point. The procedure is described in the following Knowledge Base document .
8) Activate the template file start.htm in the configuration of the LANCOM router or access point.
Do this by navigating to the menu Public Spot -> Server -> Page table -> Start -> Page address (URL) and entering the parameter file://pbspot_template_start.
9) Write the configuration back to the LANCOM router or access point.
If a protocol change occurs from HTTP to HTTPS or reverse (e.g. opening the login page via HTTP and invocation of a HTTPS website) it is possible that the invocation won't work.
In such a case the login page has to be opened via the same protocol as the website to be invoked. You can find this setting under Public-Spot -> Authentication -> Protocol of login page.