This document describes how to start a PC on your local network via Wake-On-LAN.
- Telnet- or SSH-Client, e.g. PuTTY.
- For the execution of the batch script the tool PLINK is required.
- Any desired text editor to edit the batch script.
- Wake-on-LAN must be supported by the network card and the mainboard of the computer to be woken up.
- You are located within the LAN or you are connected via VPN to the LAN that contains the computer to be woken up.
1. Dial in to your LANCOM router via a SSH client.
2. Enter the following command: wakeup [MAC address of the computer]
You can also use the command wakeup -? to display help for the command wakeup.
The login to the router as well as the execution of the WoL command can be automated via a batch script.
1. Dial in to your LANCOM router via PuTTY once to ensure that the SSH-Key is entered into the registry.
2. Open the attached batch script WakeOnLAN.bat with any desired text editor.
3. Adjust the following parameters:
- set PLINK="C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink.exe" --> Installation path to the tool PLINK
- set LCMS_TARGETemail@example.com --> IP-Adress of the router
- set LCMS_TARGET_PASS=Passwort --> root password of the router
- %PLINK% %LCMS_TARGET% -batch -pw %LCMS_TARGET_PASS% wakeup 00a057123456 --> MAC adress of the computer to be woken up
4. Execute the batch script via a double click to wake up the computer.